Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tragedy = Death?

I plan to enter a different blog post. But today is Tuesday… meaning it’s CSI:NY night!

I usually don’t stay up late on Tuesdays for CSI. It usually have reruns on Sundays. They call it the CSI Supreme Sunday –– when all 3 CSIs are played continuously as rerun episodes for the week. But this night, the episode is quite appealing to me. By the looks of it (viewed from their teaser/commercial) let me equate it to bomb + rescue = CSI casualty (possible death). And who was under the debris: Lt. Don Flack played by Eddie Cahill.

Last episode showed death of Aiden, one of my fave characters in this CSI. I viewed it earlier courtesy of a friend of mine who downloaded it MONTHS ago. I am greatly affected by it. I consider her the “sacrificial” lamb to solve or nabbed this serial rapist guy. But tonight’s episode to they have to kill ANOTHER character?

Tonight’s episode was the season ender. As most expectations of season enders like that one made by the original CSI (Nevada) with Quintin Tarantino, this one was not quite that of greatness. I don’t see any uniqueness of this episode. I wasn’t held back to my seat, nor made me “wow”. It’s simply another “bombing in New York”. Makes me think of the 9/11 attack. I see this episode as one of those “timed” shows in commemoration of the terror attack. Plus phrases said by the allegedly bomber was “… we are not ready… we are not yet prepared!” is somehow telling me he is speaking to the US government that US isn’t ready for another attack.

A quick summary: a guard of a building was stabbed and found dead, Mac and Flack found a duffel bag with bomb. Lindsay who was out getting something was called by Mack over their mobile phones to clear the area. Bomb explodes, Mac and Flack was still inside. Mac had minor lacerations by his right neck/shoulders, while Flack was deeply injured by his artery I think. Scene made Mac recall his marine days when he is unable to save a marine and died by his arm. They were found by Danny. Another group of squad came to help Stella who was organizing rescuers outside the building. Bomber calls Mac. CSI tried to trace his call. Calls Mac again. Bomber was identified as one of the members of that squad and was diagnosed with schizophrenia and a frustrated marine. Mac and the team caught him (as always) and the CSI team visited Flack in a recovery room. Mac recalls the incident in his Beirut duty as says his line, ”Squeeze my hand if you can hear me…” to Flack that seemed to be the marine he tried to save before. Flack responded by squeezing Mac’s hand.


Ends with Flack squeezing Mac's hand. Mac with a satisfied, relieved, smiling face.

For a much detailed summary, check this link.

I have a crush on Eddie Cahill. What more, I LOVE his character in CSI:NY. For season 2, it is quite obvious that they had some kind of “makeover”. No more Gotham City-type New York City, goodbye to the "dark" feel and Lt. Flack transformed from the cute “boy-next-door” cop to a grown-up detective.


Honestly, I wouldn’t really mind being arrested and handcuffed by such good looking cop.







And they “planned” to kill him? Take away a handsome character in this CSI?!? Naman!...










Photos courtesy of www.tv.com and www.cbs.com

No comments: