Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Booze For Boost



It’s always been use as an excuse that people tend to be more “open” (or should I say careless) when they are drunk. Or they’d say I need a drink or two to do this or say this.

Ah… ok…

Talking and drinking seemed to be coupled lately. Well, a form of release… an excuse to go out AND talk.

I still don’t think that getting drunk would “boost” up the courage we need when we are sober. Excuses, excuses… well, until the past few days.

It’s always been a form of relieve when I go out for the night, for a drink or two, hang out with friends or just be myself to think things over. And last night was one remarkable night Ü

I didn’t get laid or anything. (Too bad ba?) And I am not drunk now just to say that… I know how some people think so uunahan ko na kayo!) I was in a hot seat actually. This friend of mine kept on telling that it’s my night every time I attempted to throw the question(s) back at him.

Yes, questions were thrown right in my face even before my hands got to touch that cold SanMig Light. I was stupid to think that he’d pop up THAT question.

Geesh…

What was I thinking?!?... I’m such a wuss (and it’s my first time to use that word!) I think I was even blushing then. I just got to my seat, perspiring from walking and not no beer was even ordered for me.

Ah… yosi?! I asked for cigarettes. Hope it was as easy as puffing out that smoke to blow out all emotions (or distractions).

He did ask (some) questions. Somehow I expected it BUT not the intial question that I thought I would be.

Assuming… ’Tang ina!

The talk was brief enough. With a few laugh trips. The night ended well (yet early for me –– hahaha).

He’s cute when he’s drunk… nyak! (Sorry… thinking out loud…)

Serious na ulit

Now I understand why I am sticking to where I am now. I understand where that spark of hope is coming from. It’s somehow a code or unwritten rule when the trust is there. I may be taking the risk knowing the whole world is against it. They find it either being martyr or plain stupid. But I have that thing in me. It’s BACK. Thanks… (you know who you are!)

Hell… can’t explain it that well or find the right word but I know IT’S THERE.

It’s just this (stupid) grin I can’t wipe off my face! We have deadlines to beat for tomorrow…

Oh well…

Cheers!

---------
I nabbed the photograph above over the net. I think it was posted on Flickr. If it's yours, I acknowledge it. Thanks, dear!

No comments: