Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesdays, Idle Times and Missing Someone

It's on of those Tuesdays – my Tuesdays... when my team just came in from our usual meeting with our client. The meeting went quite well. New ideas here... revisions there... longer than usual.

And as the meeting ends, this came in...







Hot pizzas came to pacify our grumbling tummies. (Our pizzas have better toppings than in the photo, of course) :p



Another day ended... tomorrow awaits. So do our revisions and work.

As much as I wanted to sleep, my mind resists. I wish it would function on "work" mode for me to do some computations and proportional calculations (yes! I do some Math even in designing... I wish I took up some subjects under Industrial Design). I decided to read a few blogs and posts some myself.

A simple Nemcy-time... Ü

I was on and off YM. Nobody interesting to talk to. Until I saw my VBF, Jose online! He fled our beloved (note: sarcastic description) country a couple of days ago hopefully just for a vacation. But I have this feeling that he'll catch some big "fish" there and he'll be leaving me for GOOD! It's his second day there and he's pissed, BIG TIME. Yep! The land of so called milk and honey isn't what we see in Hollywood movies. Unlucky for him, he is first staying in a relative in Jersey City which I find filthy and dirty too... and I am not exaggerating!

Unsorted trash in each corner of the street, vandalism of ugly graffiti on street walls, buildings with chipped off wall paints just to name a few...

His cousin's internet connection he described as "jurassic"... and I think as I understand what Jose said, the PC itself has NO USB!

WHATTHA....?!?

That's just some of his rants on our less than 5-minute chat. His time in this net café owned by a supladong pinoy is almost up...

Thank God, my brother was fortunate enough. His job is somehow related to computers and is doing well there in New Jersey way back when I visited and hopefully up until now...
1.) He has cable internet connection
2.) A very nice house with extra rooms to accommodate visiting relatives and friends
3.) Lives in the suburbs that is clean, peaceful and good neighbors
4.) He's patiently taught me how to get to and from New York and drives me off to and picks me up from the nearest bus stop/area
5.) Generously gives me "allowance" as my reward when I do him and his family favors

Sigh...

I wish I'm there right now... I miss my niece, Noelle :(

I miss Jose too... I feel his rants even he's far, far AWAY. 28+ more days to go before he gets back here.

He said, he miss me too.

Sigh.

At least he gets to sleep in his female cousin's PINK room!

Call it consolation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nemcy, I didn't know that Jose flew na to the US. Although I've never been to the US, I can sympathize with his rants. That's what some people I know say also of Paris - maganda sa postcard, horible sa totoong buhay. Parang Manila Bay, diba? ;) I wonder, after a month in the US, ma-miss kaya ni Jose ang Pilipinas? That's what I would ask myself while I was in Switzerland (I stayed in the very beautiful city of Sierre), and also spent 3 months in Holland. And the answer is - YES! Miss ko ang Pilipinas. Pero ang isang pang tanong - na-miss ba naman ako ng Pilipinas??? Ay malamang HINDEH! ;)