Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sober

I had a weekend day off yesterday. I call it a day off because for the first Saturday as far as I recall, I had a weekend that I went out by myself, with my own plans.

Freedom.

I was even able to do errands for a dear friend. I don’t feel tense or had to rush.

I took the bus from my town to the city.
Rode the jeep heading to my old university.
I walked under the shaded rows of the huge acacia trees.
I passed by students and some passed by me.
Went inside the university chapel/church, talked to God sitting.
It was calming.

I am relaxed.

Despite it’s the weekend where malls are on sale, I couldn’t care less. Luck was somehow on my side yesterday. Traffic didn’t eat my time that much. I had lots of time to spare. I wasn’t able to find any book in relation to the work I’m suppose to be researching on. But it was ok. My bookstore visit was half disappointing. No “book” on modular thing I saw before but I got these…













Shel Silverstein’s The Missing Piece and The Missing Piece Meets The Big O.

I bought the books. For myself. Expensive. But I felt satisfied on the purchase. I love the stories. Simple. Considered under children’s book category but it reflects life’s questions and obstacles. And I can relate to it.

Reminders.

––––––––––

I went home quite early (in the morning, almost 1AM). I went out for just a beer with a couple of new found friends. (Take note: I just had ONE beer.) I am contented. REALLY. Perhaps, because I get to:

1.) eat those baked scallops I’ve been craving for weeks!!!

2.) go out with no hindrance, no questions asked. (Although it’s in my dad’s voice when he opened the gates for me that he’s not happy that I came in “late” and alone.)

3.) do the initial “structural plan” for one project I am assigned to with the help of a friend Ü

I don’t need to be tipsy or drunk to be satisfied in a day/night out. The mere fact that I got out, with a few money to shed, I am happy.

Temporarily.

Still, I was happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Tama nga ba? I saw it on Multiply. :)

The Purple Fanatic said...

Hi, Fats!

Salamat Ü Actually, sa Wednesday pa pero... ganun din yun! 2nd ka sa mga naunang bumati Ü Syempre nauna si Jose. Nag-advance call last Friday ;)

Salamat ulit!